Check out this simple trick for getting rid of mice in your home without killing them. This home remedy will quickly and safely eliminate all mice in your walls, attic or anywhere else. What most people don’t realize is that the days of using dangerous traps and baits are over. There is a new option available that is just as affordable and efficient.
A fantastic mice repellent that no one ever talks about is peppermint oil. It is a powerful natural solution that will allow you to get rid of mice without killing them. The smell is very pleasing to humans. It is even used in cooking to add flavor to meals. However, the smell is extremely irritating to rodents. It restricts their ability to use their sense of smell properly. In turn, they are unable to efficiently find food, communicate and avoid predators. Proper use of peppermint oil will drive any mouse away from your home.
Have you seen my video about getting rid of mice yet?
In addition to it’s uses for getting rid of mice, peppermint oil also has dozens of wonderful benefits. It comprises of vitamins A and C, along with important omega-3 fatty acids, potassium, manganese, iron, magnesium and calcium. Peppermint oil is a natural method used to treat several problems such as:
The best prices I have been able to find on peppermint oil is at amazon. A 1-oz bottle has a pretty standard price of between $7-8 dollars. However, when using it to get rid of mice, I would recommend that you get at least a 4-ounce bottle. Don’t worry, this is where the savings comes into effect. A 4-oz bottle is currently under $15 dollars. This is a fantastic price!
We keep a 16 ounce bottle on hand at the Marshal household (around $40 dollars) because we use it for a lot of different applications. But if you don’t want to spend that much, you will still get great savings on the 4-oz bottle.
Once you get to that page, you’ll see the size options at the top. Choose the one that is best for you and you’ll be on your way to getting rid of those pesky mice!
1. Keep your kitchen clean Mice will always nest nearest their most reliable food source. If you eliminate their food supply, then they will have a lot less motivation to stick around. Keep food in air tight containers and wipe down your kitchen surfaces as often as possible.
2. Used kitty litter will repel mice. This is not the most attractive method for me but it will certainly scare the mice away.
3. If you would rather use a trap, use a humane one. There are traps that capture mice without killing them. Once they are in the trap, you’ll need to release them far away from your house. Here is a very reliable catch and release trap.
4. Try an electronic mouse repellent. There are electronic units that use a frequency that will confuse and irritate mice. Humans cannot hear the sound and it is not harmful for cats and dogs. Here is the one I found with the best reviews.
5. Keep trash cans away from your house. Trash will draw mice in close to your home. From there, chances are they will find a way in. Make sure all of your garbage cans have tight fitting lids and keep them stored as far away from your home as possible.
-Here is one final solution: Get a cat! Not all cats will hunt rodents but most of them will. Even if they do not actively pursue the mice, their presence will serve as a strong deterrent.
If you enjoyed this information please share this page or leave me a comment below (I promise to always respond). Or, you can follow me on twitter @ChippMarshal
Thanks and good luck!